Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cory Stewart

I have a case where I need to run a EveryStep script once a day. I have tried to launch the EveryStep player via a command line but I get prompted for Frequency and Email with an OK button. Is there a way to run the EveryStep Script player to run a script then close, possibly with a scheduled task in Windows OS? The longest frequency for the player is three hours.

You are correct, you can leave the EveryStep script player running in the background at a frequency of every 3 hours, but it was not designed to start and stop monitoring a script on demand through the command line.
    For regularly scheduled monitoring we recommend that you test a 30 day free trial at https://userauth.dotcom-monitor.com/Account/FreeTrialSignUp where you can upload the script to a Dotcom-Monitor cloud account.

Cory Stewart

A cloud account will not work since this application is not internet facing. There is no command line flag that can tell the player how often to monitor or increase the monitor to 24 hours?

At this time there are no command line flags to run the player to select frequency as you suggest, but that is a good idea. We have added the request to our list of development tasks, but we may not get to it for a few months.

An alternative to this could be using a paid account with our Private Agent. The Private Agent basically installs an entire instance of our monitoring cloud behind your firewall, and then you can run all of our monitoring tasks behind a firewall. This options is much more expensive and sounds like it would probably be overkill for what you are looking to do. The private agent is able to monitor additional network targets such as VoIP systems, email servers, intranet sites, port availability and more.
    https://www.dotcom-monitor.com/wiki/glossary/private-monitoring-agent/

Cory Stewart

Right that is a bit to heavy for what I am looking to test with your product. If you could keep me in the loop with the enhancement request I would appreciate it. If you would like me to test a beta release with this functionality please let me know.

Sounds good. Thanks for the suggestion and your interest.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.